SEALCOAT is a solvent-born bituminous compound of brush-able consistency. Dries to a tough, black coating, which does not flow under summer heat.
SEALCOAT complies with the requirements of:
- ASTM D3019 Type I Grade I
- BS 3416 Type I Class A (Fast Drying) and Class B (Regular)
SEALCOAT can be supplied in:
- 20-liter drums
- 200-liter drums
- A general-purpose waterproofing and damp-proofing coating, for use on concrete roofs, foundations & retaining walls and over saturated felts.
- Repairing failures in the roofing asphalt mix.
- Provides protection against corrosion for corrugated iron, lead, copper and zinc.
Note: Recommended where the threat of frost or rain precludes the use of an asphalt emulsion.
- Use a rather stiff brush for application. A wiper may be used when the surface is smooth and level.
- Apply each coat at a right angle to the previous coat at a rate of (0.55 ltr/m²) for a reasonably smooth surface.
- Allow each coat to dry through before the application of a further coat.
- Where necessary reinforce with suitable fabric or glass fiber materials.
- The ultraviolet rays of sunlight destroy organic materials. It is, therefore, necessary to protect the coating by spreading on it a powder such as fine limestone while it is still wet. It can also be protected after it dries by a coat of white acrylic paint (LAMACRYL) or by aluminum pigmented paint (LAMASILVER).