LAMASOL 60 is a cold applied bitumen emulsion, black in color. It dries to form a black flexible coating.
- A good water-based alternative to traditional primers
- LAMASOL 60 complies with the requirements of JS 1193, ASTM D 1227 Type III Class 2, and ASTM D3747 Type I.
LAMASOL 60 can be supplied in:
- 16-liter drum
- 200-liter drum
- General Waterproofing: For use on concrete (exposed or below ground), cement, roofing felt, mastic asphalt, and corrugated iron, as a water and moisture barrier.
- Metal Protection: Provides protection against corrosion of pipes, structural steelwork and other metallic equipment.
- Insulation: Provides weatherproofing layer when used overexposed insulation, in conjunction with a lightweight non-woven glass fabric or saturated polyester mat or jute. Also used as a vapor barrier when applied on concrete surfaces below the insulation.
- Adhesion: Highly effective as an adhesive for light insulation boards (geotextile) on vertical surfaces.
Clean off all dirt, dust, grease or oil, or any other contaminant prior to the application of LAMASOL 60.
- Stir LAMASOL 60 to homogeneity & apply by brush the first coat. To ease application, dampen the applicator before and during use.
- Allow the first coat to dry.
- Apply the second coat at the same rate and right angle to the first coat.
- Protect from frost and rain until fully cured.
- If used as an adhesive apply LAMASOL 60 on the surface, wait for 30 min for the coat to dry to touch, then apply the geotextile and press to achieve bonding.
Note: LAMASOL 60 is applied on damp or dry surfaces.