ECOGUARD waterproofing membrane 3, 4 or 5 mm thick is a highly performing membrane. ECOGAURD membranes are manufactured from bitumen, modified with atactic polypropylene (APP).
The compound is a mixture of distilled bitumen, thermoplastic polymer and elastoplastic copolymer which give the membrane excellent durability and flexibility at low temperatures, and the ability to withstand high temperatures. The reinforcement is various types of non-woven spunbonded polyester fabric to give the needed elongation and to provide the membrane with the required resistance to heat aging, puncture and rotting.
ECOGAURD is manufactured with polyethylene film on the lower face to prevent sticking in the roll and which melts quickly when subject to heat during the application, and gives a visual sign of the correct melting temperature of the membrane. The upper face is covered with fine sand, granules or colored slates when the membrane is used as the exposed top layer.
- Single-ply waterproofing layer.
- Fast, easy and clean application.
- Can be applied to repair existing asphalt roofing systems.
- Highly resistant to weathering.
- Resistant to salt solutions, dilute acids and alkalis.
- Resistant to U. V.
- Dimension: 1×10 m/roll
- Thickness: 3 or 4 or 5 mm
- Weight per roll: 39 or 50 or 62 Kg
- Reinforcement: Nonwoven Polyester 160 or 180 or 200 or 250 g/m²
Due to its excellent resistance and elongation, ECOGUARD is used for a wide range of waterproofing applications such as:
- Roofs (reinforced concrete, prefabricated concrete, metal and timber decks).
- Roof gardens, terraces, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
- Underground foundations, basements and retaining walls.
- Reservoirs, basins and canals.
- Lay down the rolls so that the lower face with polyethylene film is bonded to the substrate.
- To fix the sheet to the substrate, use a propane gas burner to melt off the polyethylene film and a thin layer of bitumen while unrolling and laying the membrane.
- Seams at overlaps should be properly secured and smoothed on with a hot round-tipped trowel.
- Side laps 100mm and end laps 150mm.
- The membrane may be loosely laid, partial or fully bonded, depending on the structure and the specifications.