85/25 & 115/15 for Built-up Roofing
BLOWN ASPHALT is produced by air blowing of petroleum residues. The grade of BLOWN ASPHALT is designated by two numbers, the softening point and the penetration degree.
- In the construction of built up roofing as bonding or flood coats, 85/25 asphalt is used on inclines not exceeding 25% slope and 115/15 asphalt is used on inclines not exceeding 50%, and is preferred in high temperature areas due to its higher softening point.
- For corrosion resistance for piping coating, steel structures, and in electric cable joint protection and industry.
- As joint filling and sealant compound.
- As an adhesive of building material.
- For sound dampening felts and under carriage sealant in the automotive industry.
85/25 and 115/15 comply with the requirements of B.S 3690: part 2, and ASTM D312, Type III & Type IV.
Also comply with the Jordanian National Building code (Vol. ll-Ch5) Tables No. 15 & 17.
- 85 / 25 in 180 kg drums.
- 115 / 15 in approx. 18 kg stretch plastic wraps.
Penetration at 25 °C :25±5
Softening point: 80-90°C.
Penetration at 25 °C :15±5
Softening point: 110-120°C.
For more information please contact us.